Wednesday, August 2, 2023

1967 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Rocket Action Car Romantic Toronado Print Ad Vtg


    
I couldn't resist this one.  My first car I bought after leaving home was a shiny black Cutlass Supreme, back around 1982.  It may not have had ALL the options, but it had a fair few, and might have been the best-looking car I ever owned.  I'm not a car guy, but it looked awesome.  I also nearly destroyed it within three days of buying the car.  Being a Georgia boy, I'd never driven in snow until moving to Indiana.  Was in front of a semi when we hit a patch of ice.  Started drifting to the right, I made a mild correction, started drifting to the left, another mild correction.  At that point, it went into a multi-360 spin and there was no chance of correcting any more.  

A couple of times my friend and I were looking straight into the eyes of the truck driver behind us, while he was staring right back.  Still spinning, we eventually skidded off the road, and the trucker kept on going.  A nice guy behind him stopped, and he happened to be driving a truck with a winch.  As we were hooking his chains to our car, he told us he saw the whole thing and thought the semi was going to flatten us.

    My friend John was calm and collected the whole time.  The first two times we started drifting, he warned me "You're gonna lose it, Alan."  Both times I said "I know, John."  When we started spinning wildly, all he said was "You lost it, Alan."  I said "I know, John."  Those were the only words spoken until we came to a full stop and stepped out of the car.

    Ultimately, the only damage the Cutlass took was the loss of one hubcap.  Plus it looked like we'd been mud bogging.  I guess when you go through that much excitement with a car, you get attached to it.  It really was a great car!!

    Today I asked Chat GPT to take the original ad text, and make it sleek, sexy, and smooth.  Read it for yourself, but I think GPT really outdid itself!!

    Introducing the Rocket Action Cars, blazing the trails once again!

    The allure of romance isn't exclusive to the Cutlass Supreme. Yet, at its astonishing price, no other car comes close.

    Plunging into the realm of affordability, the Cutlass Supreme surpasses all expectations with its captivating features. Unveiling the trend-setting Toronado styling, a roaring 330-cubic-inch Jetfire Rocket V-8 engine that ignites with either regular or premium fuel, and a sumptuous Moroccan-appointed interior with bucket seats. Safety is paramount, with a host of standard safety innovations such as the energy-absorbing steering column and dual master cylinder brakes, meticulously developed by GM.

    Front disc brakes, Climatic Combustion Control, Turnpike Cruising Option (2-door models), and the opulent leather-grained-vinyl top are just some of the lavish Olds offerings.

    With such an irresistible package, it's no surprise that Cutlass Supreme has stolen the hearts of countless admirers. Choose from five enticing models - explore the allure yourself.

    Welcome to the One-Stop Transportation Center, where every dream is within reach. Here at your Olds Dealer, a splendid array of 36 Toronado-inspired Oldsmobile models awaits, showcasing an unrivaled selection of prices, features, and state-of-the-art safety equipment.

    Engineered to evoke excitement, all in the captivating Toronado-style - it's a promise of excellence from Oldsmobile, a distinguished mark of mastery from GM.

    I'm pretty pleased with this text.  Either GPT is getting better at following my instructions, or GPT is teaching me how to ask better questions.  :^)

No comments:

Post a Comment