Friday, August 25, 2023

A New Mission Statement

     I've been treating this blog very simply; picking ephemera I've posted on eBay, and sharing here.  Usually with some shared input from Chat GPT, because Chat lets me have a little fun with the wording of the ads.  But it occurred to me that this has never been how I write blogs.  I've had several, and none of them were financial successes... but all of them were fun to write.

    Not complaining about my current procedure here, but rather that I'm limiting the posts to one specific type.  That's going to be a very 'thin' blog, eventually.  Same old Same old, every time?  Not sure I can keep it going over the long term.  I've been thinking about the nature of blogging.  Realized my favorite posts were the ones that were relevant to life experiences.  Some of my favorites were about vintage ads that had some bearing in my life, or gave me food for thought.  And my most favorite post on this site, was the joint post between this blog, and my other one - Grace Notes.  

    It's not that I'm against writing the usual posts, because it does have bearing with how I spend my days, the thoughts they inspire, and the difference in attitudes between these older ads and modern thinking.  But my favorite posts are the ones with more meaning, a bit of heart/soul involved.  A lot of the posts on Grace Notes are relevant to what's been going on, thoughts and fancies, maybe some semi-technical posts that help the general process.

    With that in mind, I'm going to go off-route when the mood strikes.  Might talk about day to day things, especially if they relate to eBay or the things we sell, or the processes I use.  Maybe they'll be helpful to someone else wanting to do the same thing, maybe not.  But I want to get a bit off the beaten trail.  Want to enjoy this blog more than I have been.  Starting with the processes behind selling ephemera.  Maybe some of the software I use, things to make the job easier.  Even possibly just thinking 'out loud' while I'm trying to figure out better ways of doing things, or new things to do.  

    Not going to deeply change the nature of this blog.  It exists for a reason.  Just want to expand the depth a bit.  Maybe if I'm enjoying it more, someone reading it might also enjoy (or find it useful).

Not exactly starting anew with this post.  This is more of a mission statement.  A new road map, with a lot more exploration involved.  Posting about the vintage ads is fun, but I'd like there to be more.  Won't know until I start, but thinking about doing a how to series with the software I use for eBaying.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment